Friday, July 27, 2012

Internal Biochar

There are certain points where I realize that if an objective person were to read my journals from years past they would find cyclical patterns. Euphoria, fascination, sadness, etc. My internal ecology I think has a certain forest pattern that includes the seasons as well as periods of accumulation and then fire where all those accumulated ideas, thoughts and feelings get upcycled into biochar. I think about how certain seeds need fire to germinate - that heat burns off the protective coating and activates the growth process. The seed is then nourished by the rich ash from all that accumulated material.

Always in that regrowth period, there's a certain lyrical nature to the world around me, where I am more aware of the layered realities surrounding me. I am grateful for these periods of re-awakening, to see the world with new eyes again.







No comments:

Post a Comment